Are you a graduate or undergraduate student working as teaching assistant (TA) this semester? If so, please join the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 in Humanities 117 from 7- 8:30pm. This is a great opportunity to learn some valuable tips, ask questions, and find out how to make the most of your experience working as a TA. Both new and experienced TA’s are welcome to attend. We will have cookies!!
Topics will include:
- Communication with your faculty supervisor
- Time and scheduling concerns
- Developing and using a grading rubric
- Conducting a class/lab
- Office hours and working with students outside of class
- Rice’s Amorous Relations Policy for graduate and undergraduate TAs