The ASEE Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have retired or who are near the ends of their careers for sustained contributions to education in the fields of engineering and/or engineering technology. The contributions may be in teaching, education, research, administration or educational programs, professional service, or any combination thereof.
The award was established through the efforts of the ASEE Lifetime Achievement Award Steering Committee and funded by an endowment created for this award by the contributions of ASEE Life Members and like-minded, Not-Yet-Life Member Fellows.
The Award: The recipient will receive a $1,000 honorarium, travel assistance up to $1,000 for travel to the ASEE Annual Conference to receive the award, and a commemorative plaque.
Eligibility: Candidates shall have demonstrated sustained contributions to education in the fields of engineering and/or engineering technology throughout their careers. These contributions may be in any combination of the following:
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching either undergraduate or graduate courses
- Mentorship of students beyond the classroom
- Important contributions to the understanding of teaching and learning through the conduct and publication of educational research
- Demonstrated leadership through the administration of departments, schools or college of engineering or engineering technology
- Volunteer activity and leadership in education societies
The candidates will be retired or near retirement and will have devoted their careers primarily to engineering education. ASEE membership is not required.
More information HERE.